Sustainable Development Research Intern
Job Description - Sustainable Development Research Intern
Location: Berlin, Germany
Team: Tourism Consulting
Noviko Projekt GmbH is an experienced and creative team of international experts. We combine competencies of structured project work and marketing expertise with tourist destination development, software design, and data management. In order to contribute to the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goals 8, 12 and 14, we are currently working on providing our clients with options for development of sustainable tourism. We are looking for a motivated and self-sufficient intern to join our team and help contribute to our goal of offering sustainable tourism strategies to regional and international clients. You will be responsible for participating in conducting the desk research, analysis of German programs on sustainability, research of the best practices of sustainable tourism around the world, as well as supporting other colleagues with ongoing projects. As a collaborative team we are also open to your ideas and suggestions concerning a different research project and the development of sustainable tourism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for researching and providing reports on current trends of sustainable tourism in Germany and mainly in foreign countries. One of the goals is to identify foreign programs which exist abroad and can be adapted to the development of tourism in Germany. You will work with a consultant to develop strategies that will be presented to our clients. You will need to be able to work remotely, without supervision, and provide detailed updates of progress.
- Review and analyze current sustainable tourism programs within Germany and abroad.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, and provide recommendations for individual programs.
- Research funding options available for regions working to develop their sustainable tourism agendas.
- Carry out literature and evidence reviews, including identifying relevant research evidence, appraising the quality of evidence and writing up key findings.
- Compile your research results in reports and presentations.
- Work as a part of the tourism consulting team.
- Able to work for 30 hours a week for at least 6 weeks
- Able to work remotely
- Matriculated student in a German university (proof is required)
- Letter from the university stating that an internship is a requirement of the academic program
- Studying towards a relevant subject (e.g. tourism and hospitality, economics, sustainability, international relations other social sciences)
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to work independently
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- An understanding and interest in the subject area of sustainable development
- At least a C1 level of proficiency in English required, basic knowledge of German is desirable but not mandatory, knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Experience of writing for external publications desired, but not mandatory